Summer fun with your Pet
Summer is a great time to spend with our pet, but being over activate in the heat can be very dangerous, and lead to serious problems or even death.
A few tips to remember.
1. Pets can get dehydrated quickly, so give them plenty of fresh clean water when it’s hot outdoors.
2. Make sure your pet has plenty of shade.
3. Keep them indoors when it’s extremely hot. Symptoms of overheating in pets include difficulty breathing or excessive panting, increased heart rate, drooling, mild weakness. Seizures, bloody diarrhea and vomit along with an elevated body temperature can also occur in temperatures over 104 degrees.
4. Never leave your animals alone in a parked vehicle. A car with the windows up in the heat can become a furnace.
5. If it’s too hot for you, chances are it’s too hot for your pet as well.
Have a great summer!!